Monday, March 23, 2015

Monday's

For me, Monday's suck. 

They never used to. Not for a very long time. 

My husband and I met in highschool and got together in highschool just over a year after being best friends. I was excited to go to school each day to see him and talk to him. I even felt a bit sad when it was the weekend because I didn't see him that much on weekends (being a 15 year old unable to get a drivers license sure had its restrictions!). 

Fast forward to university and the same applied. But it was better. University wasn't 5 days a week, all day. It was so casual and relaxed. With summer break and a month long winter break, it felt like the entire year was peppered with days off and holidays. We saw each other every single day. 

Fast forward again to working life. Gosh that felt like being hit with a truck. Lazy student weeks became working weeks. And it hit hard at first. It was all so new, scary, exciting, grown up - did I mention it was really really scary? I actually looked forward to work each day back then. Ready to prove myself, ready to work. 

Then a little bit of reality hit. Office politics and deadlines and stress and responsibility. Coupled with some boring typical days tapping away at a computer, it started to get dry. Fast. 

I still enjoy my field. I guess sometimes I wish the working week was 4 days instead of 5. And that Monday's start from 10am. And finished at 3pm. That would be glorious. 

But the grass is always greener on the other side. It makes me wonder in times where I look on Instagram and see people working as fashion and travel bloggers, seeing them in Paris and Mexico while I'm sitting day after day in a grey walled office, how can I improve my situation? How can I do that? 

On the other hand, this is a major personal dilemma too because I'm completely aware of the blessings I've received when there are people far less fortunate. 

It is a tough line when you really think about it. I suppose for me, it comes down to - you live one life. Make sure it is filled with passion, love, happiness and joy. Don't live a life with regrets. 

No comments:

Post a Comment