Thursday, February 12, 2015

Valentine's Day

I am not one of those people who hates Valentine's Day. But in saying that, I don't go crazy for it either. 

For me, it is an excuse to celebrate. And why deny yourself the pleasure?

It was the intention at the end of last year, before the wedding and after numerous nights and weeks of hard work that 2015 would be the year of relaxation. We worked so hard in 2012, 2013 and 2014 that 2015 just had to have some pause in it. The way we intended to do this was by going away for one weekend each month or so. It didn't need to be far, or expensive. But just go away and re-energise and enjoy. 

I intended to go away in February. Not necessarily on Valentine's Day, but just one of the weekends. 

Yet here we are and nothing was booked. Because we kept putting it off and part of me also feels like, we have this gorgeous house and I am perfectly happy just lazing around in it. 

So it hasn't been a failure of a plan as of yet, but I feel like I don't particularly need re-energising at the moment. It is still summer and the new year and Australia Day long weekend still feels fresh to me. 

However I would really like to get away in March. 

So that's why I don't mind Valentine's Day. It's a cute little reminder to do something sweet. It's a reminder to love, to enjoy, to eat chocolate, light a scented candle and fill a vase with flowers. These are things I wish I do each week. Although the candle thing is a staple In our house (we adore Glasshouse), as my garden is not yet at fruition, my desire to go outside and make myself a bouquet to display is not possible at the moment. 

Hopefully soon. 

Last year's Valentine's Day, we worked as it was a Friday. Then we visited our house that was being built. I remember it was just at frame stage then. We both agreed we wouldn't get each other anything as we were saving ever dollar we had for the house and the wedding. But my then fiancé sweetly surprised me with flowers and a gift. And I surprised him with a set of 3 kinder surprise chocolates that I hurriedly bought during work. And then ate one. So I actually gave him 2. 

We then proceeded to have pizza for dinner. 

This year we have decided to celebrate it a little more traditionally. Although I don't know what we are doing during the day, I am looking forward to an Italian three course dinner. Yum. 

I hope you enjoy your Valentine's Day. 

No comments:

Post a Comment